Hey guys! It's been a full year and almost a half. I have a lot to explain. As we all know, last year was a total pile of garbage. Seriously, it knocked everyone's plans to the ground. So I have some updates to catch you guys up on.
1. I have completed a year of game reviews. I was able to help our viewers cope, at least I hope so. But I decided to leave it after a month. I had another gimmick I was working on and is very successful.
2. In the midst of September of 2020 I had a friend scope a flea market called the Barnyard. It's a famous flea market chain in a few states. Ours is fantastic, they're clean, everyone's friendly here (that's just how South Carolina is) Anyway, my friend convinced me to sell my art there. So I bought a table. I didn't believe it till someone dropped $50 for my work. I was convinced after that. I went from a table at the end of the year to a shop at the beginning of 2021. I hope my success will continue to happen. I've been able to sell my comics, my prints. and anything else I've come up with. My husband had also be let go from his job 2 weeks after I started this gig. So we've been very blessed.
3. My husband and I have finally moved into the bus at the beginning of 2021. And with the extra money that we're all given we can finally get our property ready for move in. Which is like a minute from where we are now.
4. There's some interesting thing going on in the digital painting world. It's called NFT (Non Fungiable Token) From what I gather it's owning all the rights to a digital file. Digital art is one of them. Thing of a digital fine arts gallery like what you would see in a museum that sells for a high price. This is a new wave for digital artist. I'm interested in getting into it, if it's going to be like that. I'm hoping this will be huge.
5. I'm working on getting some glasses etched with my work on it. I'm hoping to get more designs on there too.
I think that's all for now. I'll have more updates as I try and keep up with everything. It's been a weird few years. Happy Spring!!
It's Christmas time hehehehe! So here I am. I have a new job playing games, a brand new website and a new nephew. The hubs and I get to spend time with both sides of the family this year. On top of that I've got new pages to draw /with and some new paintings to finish. Then there's all the comic conventions I'm doing this year. I need to get the schedule. I'll be posting updates as needed. Till then Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Oh yea check out the new stuff in the shops!
Hey guys it's been a few days since the last post! I'm going to try my hardest to update once a week. I'll be doing alot of artwork on here so go check out the new galleries, shops and most importantly my comic shop! Yes I will be adding on more external page and that's when my first column at GIN goes on up January. Feel free to explore the website!
So you will be seeing alot of updates on that. Also some really cool stuff that my husband and I are up to. We have a bus that we're converting to live in. Wait whhaaaaaa? Yes, let me tell you how it all started.
This was back in our photography day's working for Lifetouch. Traveling around alot and sleeping in alot of hotels. My in-laws had gifted us 2 arches off of their property as a wedding gift. (that they didn't know about) We like it here alot, but didn't think we'd get a chance to enjoy out place much cause we traveled so much. We were originally going to build a small 2 story house. We couldn't decide on a house plan. Josh kept looking at bus conversions and saying how cool they were. I'm trying to get him to settle on a house plan, and when he shows me that, I said screw it. Let's get a bus. He was excited, I was excited, we were excited. So Josh went on craigslist to see what he could find. Low and behold, he found one. Right at the foothills in Chesney, South Carolina. Beautiful place by the way, should you be in vacationing in SC I highly recommend going there on the way to the mountains.
Anyway we found our bus, a 1985 Bluebird, with only 35,000 miles and all it did was take some of the elderly and kids from the church to Dollywood a few times. It was pretty incrediable. So we cleaned it out, put in insulation, desk, a build for a couch with a battery storage for our solar system and of course, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. Currently to save on rent, we are living on the back of my inlaws property, close to ours. It works out and we have access to do things we need.
Btw I have to say, I have never related more to Hank Hill from King of the Hill in all my life! I'm from Florida orginally, we don't need heaters really, just the ac cause well it's hot almost year round. Not in South Carolina, noooo, there are seasons here. ( Well more seasons to me, maybe not to you northerners) But propane is the best! Seriously, if you're out of power, you can use it to power almost anything. You can cook, you can heat your shower, you can keep warm in the winter. It is the best! I love propane. You put that with solar power for lights you got it made. But yea, we're getting real close to finishing out the bus so we can live in it.
So yea, when we get done, Josh and I are gonna be happy it's over. Or maybe not we'll start flipping bus conversions for a living. Who knows. xD I will be making updates to this blog post as I want ya'll see the progress. It's pretty cool!
Hey guys! This is the new WOODLINDSART BLOOOOGGGG!!!! *Crowd goes wild* Hahaha but seriously, this took me a bit to get off the ground with the whole Weebly thing. I messed up the first time and of course Weebly customer service reps were outstanding. Now that I've figured it out. Things should alot more smoothly. Hey so if you haven't heard I'm Melissa Pierce aka DeLerias on social media. I have a thing for fantasy art and comics. I do write a online game reviews for GIN in my spare time. In the mean time however you can check out my online gallery. I'm playing to make some more updates as the days pass. So hang come out with me and get a front row seat. Welcome to WoodlingsArt!